Instagram Updates

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hewatt's Birthday Celebration / Outfits / Food

P1010882

P1010735

P1010839

P1010905

So yesterday was Hewatt's 27th birthday.. and actually we had been having quite a few rounds of celebrations already!
The first celebration was last Friday at Manbok with our friends! But first, we had dinner together with his family :)
P1010646
One of my favourite to go place to satisfy cravings for Korean BBQ!


Our friends subsequently came one by one, and we actually all drank Soju Bomb & Makgeolli together with his parents!! 
Lol honestly... how often can you have your close friends gathered and still drink carefree-ly with the folks right? They are so open minded even my friends can't believe it. Lol sometimes even I myself can't believe it. 
When I am old, I wanna be this kind of parents too!
P1010648
Here's a group shot!
The parents left at about 1am I think... While we stayed on till 5am. Lol it's so crazy.

MANBOK KOREAN BBQ
116 Neil Road


~
I spent my entire Saturday nursing my bad hangover from the excessive Soju Bomb & Makgeolli..
Gosh it was so bad!! ;(

I even almost wanted to skip the early birthday dinner for Hewatt + his younger brother (his birthday is just 2 days earlier than H!). But I felt bad so I turned up eventually after resting and napping... 
P1010669

The early celebration was at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon!
P1010658

P1010653
Since I arrived late (they already started eating way beforehand) + I didn't have much appetite, I only ordered the above dish. The beef was super well-cooked!!! So freaking tender and soft. 
How I wished I was feeling much better that day to be able to enjoy the food :(

P1010655
The dessert which was almost too pretty to eat!

P1010661a
Would really love to come back again one day to try out the full course meal!!
I shall secretly pray that H's family would return again one day. Hahahahahaha

L'atelier de Joel Robuchon
Resort World Sentosa, Hotel Michael Level 1

P1010677a
Dress // Hervelvetvase


~
On the 13th, it was our 3 monthsary!!
I was craving for brunch and suggested Common Man Coffee Roasters since I had a pretty good impression of their Egg Benny from my previous visit.
P1010724a

P1010721

P1010689

P1010720a
I had my favourite Organic Egg Benedict, served with tender braised ox cheeks. YUMMM
The boy had the tender pulled pork burger! Didn't try it but he said it was pretty good too! 

Common Man Coffee Roasters
22 Martin Road #01-00

P1010734a
Lace Romper // BKK Union Mall
Straw Hat // BKK Platinum Mall

Went back to office for work and was surprised yet again with another gorgeous bouquet of flowers from the boy!
P1010743
Flowers by Fiorella.

P1010763
Thank you love for gifting me pretty flowers every single month without fail.
I really appreciate it :)


~
Finally the clock struck 12am and it's the 17th!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYFRIEND!!!!
P1010764
Birthday boy posing with the card I made for him.
I swear I literally had to beg him for a picture.... I haven't seen anyone who hates taking photos this much. And it actually runs in his brother genes. All 3 of them hate taking photos so much. lol

SNAPCHAT:
Eating Macs to celebrate his birthday. Hahahha my favourite supper of all time which I cut down tremendously cuz I have been growing sideways...
But well since its his birthday... it's a cheat meal :p

The next afternoon, we headed out for brunch nearby before heading to office!
P1010765 P1010765a
I also tried on a new makeup look that day ^^
Playing around with my eyeshadow palette was pretty fun!

We had our brunch at Collective Brewers!
Took some outfit shots since it will take a while for the food to be cooked ;)
P1010829

P1010838a
Cropped top // BKK Chatuchak Market
Culottes // Klarra
Heels // Aldo

P1010844

P1010845
I wanted to try out their truffle fries, but this dish caught our eyes on the menu,
Can't remember what is it called... Fried Pork Strips with Asam sauce?? Sounded pretty interesting so we gave it a try instead of the usual truffle fries.
It was good!! Crispy strips of pork .. and the sauce really complemented it well!

P1010850
I had the Cajun Chicken Aglio Olio (eh what's new right.. hahahahah) while H had the Bacon & Mushroom Cream Pasta!
Mine was a lil spicy but it was bearable. Yummy nonetheless!!

I am literally on a hunt to try out almost all the cafes in the east area. LOL

P1010859a

Collective Brewers
301 Changi Road (S) 419779
Closed on Mons


~
Finally it was 7.30pm! We ended work, got changed and headed to MBS for H's birthday dinner!
P1010881a
Thank you birthday boy for always capturing such awesome shots for me :)
For someone who hates taking photos, for someone who never handled a camera before... he's actually a fast learner :)

P1010877

P1010897

P1010901
Top // BKK Platinum Mall
Maxi Skirt // BKK Union Mall
Clutch // London Primark
Heels // Aldo

SNAPCHAT again!! Taking a video of my OOTD while H was shopping at Ferragamo lol

He finally chose his present and this is what I got for him!
P1010906b

I love it!! Especially the contrasting orange colour on the inside. Machim Hermes sia hahahaha
P1010906c

Headed to DB Bistro for dinner with the family!
Had the most amazing Seafood Platter. They were all so sweet and fresh!
P1010907
Only tried eating oysters for the first time in my life after knowing H.
I was always afraid of the 'smelly/fishy/stinky' taste of it? But H always assured me that it is not. 
I wouldn't say I am a fan of fresh oysters now but I definitely would not refuse it anymore!

P1010907a

P1010908
3 tiers of seafood platter and at the top is this freaking juicy and fresh Lobster.
Speaking about lobsters... I MISS BURGERS AND LOBSTERS IN LONDON OMGAWD

P1010912
A picture with Mummy Ong!

P1010917
Foie Gras

P1010918
Seared Scallops.

P1010921
Red Snapper for H's mum since she doesn't take beef~

P1010926
Beef for 2. H and I shared this and couldn't finish it... such a huge portion for just the 2 of us.
That said, the beef was good, but no where near mind blowing.

DB is actually better for their seafood so I'd recommend you guys to try their seafood if you are there.
If you're into beef, or meat in general do try out CUT (just right opposite DB). They served amazeballzzz beef. 

P1010931
Thank you Benjamin (the dessert chef) for actually baking a cake for H!!
What a sinful rich chocolate cake....... Argh I sinned last night for eating so much :( lol

P1010929a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN DEAR BOY
I love you and hope you enjoyed your day... Here's to many more birthdays to come!!

:)
Shenny

No comments:

Post a Comment